Sunday, January 8, 2017

Learning About the Hmong New Year

Hey everyone!

      So, last Tuesday the speaker had everyone born outside of the US come to a special meeting afterwards. My companion and I were both invited because he was born in Korea and I was born in Germany. He had all of us say where we were from and it was cool to see all the different countries represented. After the meeting an Italian sister came up and talked to me. Turns out my brother served in her home ward in Italy!! It was so cool to meet her! 
      Then last Friday one of the Elders in our district went home :( 5 weeks ago he got laryngitis and lost his voice. He still wasn't able to talk after 5 weeks so they sent him home for speech therapy. He is going to be serving in Fresno with me in a few months when he has his voice back so I will be able to serve with him again!
      On Saturday we had a culture lesson on the Hmong New Year. It has already passed this year but next year we will be in Fresno during the Hmong New Year so I can't wait for the festivities! I hope everyone back home had a good New Year! 


Elder Yskes 

Look who I found at the MTC


Elder Lor is a mobster and we his body guards





No comments:

Post a Comment