Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas in the MTC

Hello everyone, 

      So this week was really fun! Christmas in the MTC was really fun. Christmas Eve I was in a Christmas Nativity that we performed in front of the 1000 or so people here. I played a Book of Mormon prophet named Nephi son of Nephi. My character was in the Americas during Christ's birth and spoke of the signs of His birth in the Americas. It was really fun to be able to perform in front of everyone. I didn't mess up my lines either so that's good. After the Nativity when I walked onto the floor where my classroom is and my whole zone (the MTC is broken into zones of between about 20-60 missionaries) were like screaming and clapping and congratulating me and stuff cuz I wasn't horrible at acting and it was really cool. 
       Christmas morning a bunch of Elders and I got up early to open presents. It was really fun. We also had a bunch of devotionals that were really cool.
      The first devotional was with Elder Dallin H Oaks and his family. They had a bunch of musical performances and some really good talks. It was really fun to watch. They also stayed for sacrament meeting with the entire MTC. That was a really cool experience to have. 
      After the devotional we chilled in our classroom and watched the movie “The Restoration”. We chilled and had a good time hanging together. Later that night we had another devotional. We didn't really wanna go but we did anyway and we're pleasantly surprised.
      David Archuleta came and sang for us! It was really cool and he was really good! He sang a bunch of songs from his Christmas tour and also talked to us about his mission and his experiences on American Idol. He was really fun to listen to. He also brought someone who played this ancient Chinese string piano thing. It was super cool. Overall Christmas was really fun! Email y'all next week!

-Elder Yskes

Christmas Nativity Cast





Christmas Morning


It's What's for Breakfast


Our District




No comments:

Post a Comment