Monday, January 23, 2017

A Change in the MTC Presidency

Hey everyone!

      So this week we got a new MTC presidency! They spoke to us this Sunday and they all seem really nice. Also this week a lot of people came and left. 
      A new district of missionaries learning Mongolian came in last Wednesday. All of them have had at least 2 years of college experience so it's cool to talk to them about college stuff for when I get home. Also the missionaries learning Indonesian and Malaysian left yesterday. They were really awesome to get to know and they will be missed. Also, this week I saw my friend Elder Peterson. He came in last Wednesday and is learning Czechoslovakian, I believe. It was so good to see him. 
      Also, last Tuesday was so awesome. Because of the changing of MTC presidencies Elder Neil L. Anderson, a member of the quorum of the 12 apostles in our church leadership, spoke to us. Also, several other members of the church leadership attended. It was really neat. The best part was that my companion and I were sitting in the front row of the choir so after they spoke to us we got to shake all of their hands and talk to some of them! It was super neat. 
      I have two weeks left in the MTC. As I get closer to my departure date I wish more and more that I knew more of language, but it will all work out. When I get into the field I will have a companion who (hopefully) speaks good Hmong. I am excited to finally head to the field tho! Anyway, I hope everything back home is going well! 

   Elder Yskes 


 My name tag in Hmong




Everyone in our District got the same ring - "The Tree of Life"


Elder Lor Leaving












No comments:

Post a Comment