Friday, February 3, 2017

Off to Fresno!

Hello Everyone!!

     This will be the last email I send on a Tuesday. I leave for the field tomorrow and in the field preparation day is on Monday. I am so excited to leave! The MTC has been fun but I am excited to finally start using everything I have learned here (including speaking Hmong with natives)! 
      So, a few days ago we got a package from the Hmong Elders in Fresno! They sent us some pictures of them and Yosemite National park and stuff like that. They also included some White Gourd juice and Thai chili peppers. They left a note with the peppers saying "If you're not willing to eat one don't bother getting on the plane." Lol So, all of us Fresno Elders ate one. I decided to be cool and eat two because "it couldn't be that bad." It wasn't really that bad. I only cried for a half hour... It cleared up my sinuses though! Hahaha, the weirdest part was you could feel the peppers burn in your stomach and it hurt a lot. After the burn, it felt really good because I'm pretty sure it killed all of the germs in my entire body. The gourd juice was pretty good too!
      It seems crazy that i will be heading to the field soon. It feels like I have been here FOREVER! I know that it will be a rough transition and I won’t be able to understand anyone but that's ok! I am excited to be doing the Lord's work and I know He will help me learn Hmong! I hope everything back home is going well! My mom will change my address to my Cali address so if you want to send me a letter send it there. Thanks!

Elder Yskes















No comments:

Post a Comment