Monday, April 17, 2017

Goat Intestines???? and Zone Conference

So, I am changing my email titles to have names so that they are cooler and abetter title for the week.

Tuesday April 4: Today we had a pretty normal day. We taught people and did missionary stuff. We were able to play tether ball with one of our investigators in his backyard though! That was fun!

Wednesday April 5: Today we had Zone Conference. It was amazing to receive training from our mission President on ways we can be better missionaries! We were also able to teach some amazing people today! 

Thursday April 6: Today we went on exchanges (we switched companions for a day). I spent the day with an English missionary, Elder Stegelmeier. He was able to get the Hmong name Xob Tua (in English pronounced something like 'saw toua') which translates to lightning strike or if you take a little more liberty in translating it can mean lightning killer hahaha. It was way funny.

Friday April 7: Today we had dinner at a super awesome Hmong Lady's house. She is super old but super funny. It was one of the most fun dinners I have had!!

Saturday April 8: By now you are probably all wondering why I picked the title I did for today's email but this is why. We were able to go to an investigator’s house and they were eating so they invited us to eat with them. In the Hmong culture, it is rude to refuse food when it is offered. We asked them what it was and they said goat! I have never eaten goat before so I was like this sounds good! They gave me a plate and pointed at what was meat and what was "Siab" aka liver. The meat tasted funny but was alright. The liver tasted kinda gross so when they served me more I went for the other parts of the goat left which were lungs and small intestine! They were not any better than the liver especially when after biting into the intestines I could see there was still half digested goat food within the intestines! I was able to make it out of the lesson alive and I looked like I was enjoying the food so they weren't offended so everything was good! And don't worry, I know I won't get any diseases from the food because I spent 10 minutes puking on the side of the street after we left the lesson! hahaha It was definitely an experience hahaha.

Sunday April 9: Sunday!!!! Sunday is always a good day because we get to go to church! Not too much else happened. After Church, we did missionary work and taught people!

It was a good week! I hope everyone is doing good!

- Elder Yskes

A wind storm snapped a bunch of almond trees in the orchards. If you look the roots aren't uprooted but the trunks snapped at the base.



A flower on a bush outside our apartment


 Zone Conference






No comments:

Post a Comment