Saturday, March 4, 2017

A Baptism!!

Tuesday Feb 21: Today we had a really awesome dinner with a member so I took a picture of it!


Wed. Feb 22: Today was my first ever Zone Conference! I learned a lot! We talked about different ways we can find people who want to learn about our church! Also, all the Elders wearing Hmong ties took a picture together! 





Thurs. Feb 23: Today I was on exchanges so I was with Elder King for the day. It was really fun and tested my Hmong skills because we had some lessons with people who only speak Hmong and Elder King only speaks English hahaha. Really fun though!

Friday Feb 24: Today we met with someone who used to be an investigator but never got baptized. She was super glad we came because she said she really wants to get nearer to God! It was super awesome to meet her and we will continue to teach her more about God to help her out.     

Saturday Feb 25: TODAY ONE OF OUR INVESTIGATORS AND HER DAUGHTER GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!! Seeing the changes and joy coming unto Christ brings someone is the greatest thing ever. You can see their joy in life shoot through the roof and it is so amazing to be a part of that!




 Sunday Feb 26: Today we confirmed Shirley (Mom) and Madelyn (daughter) members of the church. I could feel the Holy Spirit so strongly as we did this. For those of you who don't know what this is its kinda hard to explain so look it up on Mormon.org as either confirmation or the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Overall it was a super awesome week! It hasn't been very warm here but it should start to heat up pretty quickly. It has been raining so much and there is water everywhere but not much flooding in my part of California so don't worry about me. Anyways I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

I will send another email with assorted pictures from this week!

-Elder Yskes

Some flowers I saw that looked cool



We were walking around some apartments and a wild chicken was chilling on a fence


I decided to pet it. Don't judge my eyes hahaha





No comments:

Post a Comment