Sunday, December 11, 2016

Learning the Language

Hey everyone,

      Week 3 is down! I've gotten better at the language but as we get progressively better the investigators get progressively harder, so it's always challenging. It's ok tho because every time we have more difficult conversations it helps us realize how much we have learned and shows us what we still need to work on. I can now teach a very basic lesson and I understand about half of what the investigator says in response so it's really cool to see how much I've improved. 
      We also had our first TRC (teaching real converts) on Saturday. We taught lessons to members of the church who spoke Hmong. All of them were BYU students so it was cool to be able to talk to them. I'm excited to be able to talk with them more extensively in Hmong.  
       I hope everyone at home is having a good time! Feel free to email or send letters whenever! 

 -Elder Yskes 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ian,
    I love the blog! Keep the pictures coming, I really enjoy them and your comments.
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete