Tuesday, November 22, 2016

First Week at the MTC

Hey all! 
      So my first week at the MTC has been super fun but also super challenging. Hmong is a really difficult language that has 8 different tones! But I know that with the Lords help I will be able to learn it. 
      My companion's name is Elder Sim; he moved to Salt Lake 7 years ago from Korea and is fluent in English and Korean. He is an energetic person who is always smiling. We have been getting along well, and have been helping each other with our Hmong. 
      My district contains 8 Elders who are all super cool and learning Hmong as well. Four of us are going to Fresno, California; one is going to Roseville, California; 2 are going to Minneapolis, Minnesota; and one is going to Alaska. We have been getting along well and struggling through the language together. 
      My companion and I have already had to teach an investigator two lessons completely in Hmong! It was really cool but even more difficult. I know that it will get better as we continue learning and I am excited to be able to speak from the heart what I want to say in Hmong. 
      I hope all of you are doing well! And I can receive emails and letters everyday so write me as much as you want! I am only supposed to reply on Tuesday's tho so if I don't reply right away that's ok! 


Elder Yskes

My District


My Comp, Elder Sim









No comments:

Post a Comment